Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grand Desert, Dyke Rd., #6

Today was foggy and warm out at Drand Desert, but with a good wind that left me pretty sticky woth salt after a long afternoon. I caught two paintings out there, one is still too wet to scan, and (right now) I like this one better. The fog and ground mist were actually quite interesting; looking north it moved from a brown tint through to an ochre to almost blue (much higher up)....

10x14, oil on canvasboard


There were plenty of distractions, particularly the birds...I think I surprised the hawk when I first arrived, he had been on the ground busily tearing at something, but flew of as the car approached. Then for the next half hour or so he hedgehopped - rarely more than 10 feet in the air, but never setting down. I think he wanted to make sure I didn't share his meal....



No comments: