Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ruth

Wednesday was a delightful day here in Halifax - proper summer weather! And to top it off, Ruth was wearing a delightful orange sundress (is that what they're called? My fashion sense is abysmal). My only regret is that I chose to start off in charcoal. Well maybe there's another, my drawing was quite stiff to start off with. Anyway, I love the ways these things hang on her.

And as usual she struck some graceful poses.



As well as some difficult ones - some hard for me:


And some much harder for her. This one I'd really like to turn into a painting...




 But first I have to finish this one. In particular I want to bring out what Ruth is doing with her feet, what with her left tucked over her right thigh and into the back of her right ankle...


The book she's reading is Victoria Finlay's Color: A Natural History of the Palette.

No comments: